The dog days of summer have arrived. Escaping the heat can seem impossible some days, especially if you don’t have an air conditioner! Try some of these easy hacks to beat the heat and stay cool!
- Chill your beverages in a hurry by running a paper towel under cold water, wrapping it around your drink, and then putting it in the freezer. Within 15 minutes, your beverage will be chilled to perfection!
- Get a good night’s sleep by freezing your pillow case. It may sound strange, but freezing you pillow case for 10 minutes before bed can give you a nice cool pillow to help you doze off. Keep a backup pillow case in the freezer for a quick switch if you wake up in the middle of the night!
- Make your own personal air conditioner by placing a bowl of ice in front of a fan. As the ice melts the fan will blow the cool air towards you!
- Keep your windows closed! Nearly 30% of unwanted heat enters your home through the windows. Putting shades, curtains, blinds, or shutters over your windows can reduce the indoor temperatures by up to 20 degrees!
- If you have an air conditioner, turn on your ceiling fan while your AC is running. The ceiling fan can double the cooling effect. While the AC lowers the temperature, the fan circulates the cool air throughout the room.
We all need to keep our cool in this summer heat! Not only for comfort, but also for our safety. Visit the CDC’s heat illness guide to learn the signs of heat-related illnesses so you or a loved one can identify them and get the help you need! Stay cool, stay safe, and enjoy the sunshine! If you have any questions, you can contact Kamm Insurance Group!