Skip to main content

Restaurant Insurance

By April 27, 2021May 4th, 2021Restaurant Insurance

Smiling restaurant employee in front of cash registerRestaurant owners face many risks while running their business. Restaurant insurance is a specialty business insurance policy that covers several risks and gives restaurant owners the confidence they need to be successful.

Whether you run a small café or a national chain, you could be held liable for contaminated food, spilled coffee, slips and falls on your premises, and much more! You will want the best restaurant insurance policy for your establishment. What are the basic insurance coverages for a restaurant?


Property Insurance: This coverage protects your property in the event of a fire or vandalism, but it may not cover natural disasters such as floods. Speak with your insurance agent to find out if you need additional coverage for natural disasters.

General Liability: This is an insurance policy that protects you if someone slips and falls on your property or if a patron gets sick after consuming your food, even if it’s not your fault. General liability insurance is a must-have in today’s sue-happy world!

Employee Coverage: Most states require that all employers carry workers compensation insurance to protect you if an employee gets hurt on the job.

Employee Training: Make sure your employees have the training they need to stay safe and compliant on the job. Prevent slips and falls, back strains, and money-handling errors, as well as making sure everyone gets their state-mandated sexual harassment training.

There’s insurance coverage for just about any object, action, or person. You are not limited to those we have mentioned above. If you have special concerns, you can purchase other insurance coverage. Kamm Insurance Group is your trusted insurance agent in Chicago, IL, serving customers nationwide. We know the state and local laws regarding how much insurance your restaurant needs.

Rosanne Boik  312-217-8722

Sal Marino  224-612-5374

Get a quote