2022 is here! A new year means a fresh start and a chance to make some positive changes. Most of us make New Year’s resolutions, but not all of us can stick to them! There are several things you can do to increase your chances of sticking to your New Year’s resolution.
- Start Small: By keeping your resolutions realistic, you are more likely to stick to them through the year. For example, if you aim to eat healthier, try replacing dessert with something else you enjoy, like fruit or yogurt, instead of changing your whole diet at once, which can make it feel like a punishment.
- Change One Behavior at a Time: Unhealthy habits are formed over time, so replacing them with healthy habits will also require time. Don’t get overwhelmed trying to reassess and change everything at once.
- Talk about It: Sharing your struggles and successes with friends and family can make the journey much easier and less intimidating. Consider joining a support group to reach your goal!
- Don’t Beat Yourself Up: Perfection is unattainable. It’s normal and OK to have missteps when working toward your goals. Don’t beat yourself up if you ate that brownie or skipped the gym for a week. Everyone will have their ups and downs. Recover from your mistakes and get back on track!
- Ask for Support: Accept help from those who care about you. If you feel overwhelmed or unable to meet your goals, consider seeking professional help, perhaps a trainer or a nutritional counselor.
Studies show that about 60% of us make a resolution every year, but only about 8% of us actually achieve our resolution! If you want to be a part of the 8%, follow these tips, work hard, and don’t quit!
Kamm Insurance Group’s resolution is to provide excellent customer service and help our community members receive the insurance coverage they need! Give us a call or visit us online for your free insurance quote!