Number 1 Reason
Drowning is the leading cause of unintentional death in children ages 1-4 and the second leading cause of death in ages 1-14 (second only to motor vehicle accidents). It’s an alarming statistic.
Pool Safety Pledge
Take the Pool Safety Pledge and use this link to download safety tip-sheets. Make the pool safety pledge an annual pool opening routine. Post safety rules around the pool area to show you’re committed to pool safety. Drowning happens silently – always designate an adult pool supervisor/watcher.
“I pledge that I will…
- Designate a water watcher every single time children in my care are in or near the water.
- Make sure my kids know how to swim.
- As a parent or guardian, learn CPR.
- Always remove portable pool ladders when not in use.
- Ensure all permanent pools have a proper fence and gate and safer drain covers.”
Training Safety for Businesses – Pool Safety
We have pool safety liability training for employees. Contact us for information about online safety training. It’s online, accessible anywhere and tracks employee completions.
It takes 30 seconds to watch this video. That’s about how long it takes to drown. Stay vigilant. Educate yourself, your family and your guests on pool safety.
Be safe out there! Read our our post on layers of safety in pool and spa areas. Kamm Insurance Group is your partner in navigating risk.